Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Influenza type B is still around!!


Last week was "influenza week".

A teacher of my daughter's nursery school called me during my work on last Monday because she had a high fever of over 39°C. I immediately went to the nursery and brought her to a clinic I usually go.


The doctor tested for flues and waited for 15 minutes. I was told that she got influenza type B. Since then she had to stay home and rest until fever was gone.

The doctor gave her "Tamifuru"which is a killer medicine for the flue, however, it might cause side effect. My daughter got better because of the medicine, but she started to say something weird and cried so hard for almost three hours. I wondered why and consulted with the doctor, she told me to stop the medicine. Then she was back to "usual" for the day, however, the following morning, she again had a little fever and looked exhausted.

Then I wen to see the doctor to ask for different medicine. I just wanted her to get better to attend an entrance ceremony on Saturday.

Friday afternoon, when I was at home to prepare her to go the clinic, her teacher of the nursery called me to inform the entrance ceremony was cancelled due to the wide-spread of influenza type B. She was not the only one.

During weekend, she got really better and was able to go to the nursery on this Tuesday.
Yet still, many kids are still absent due to the flue.
Please wash your hand and gaggle after coming back to home!


2 comments:

  1. Ugh... won't that influenza ever go away!!
    You shouldn't worry about your daughter being able to go to the entrance ceremony or not; ceremonies are not important, your daughter's health is really important. Who cares if she had missed the ceremony? If she's genki, then everything is ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceremony is just a ceremony.
    She is totally genki now. She eats well and play a lot:)

    ReplyDelete