Monday, May 11, 2009

Castle lovers


Very interesting that more and more people, not only old people but young women, are visiting castles these days. A new trend now in Japan is Sengoku Busho which means gennerals of Sengoku period. Sengoku period is the warring state period in 16th century in Japan. Dramas and games about this period and generals have been popular regardless of age or sex.

One of reasons is Taiga Drama made by NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai, Japanese Broadcasting coporation). This is long-term historical fiction drama and has long history since 1963.
Actually, it has a lot of impact on Japanese.


Castles are beautiful as artistic buildings and guardens along with are also the highlight. Many people have Hanami party at castle gardends.


Evrey time I go back to my hometown, I visit the nearest castle where I frequently visited during my school days.

Somehow, this place heals me...
then I realize I am very Japanese...

No comments:

Post a Comment