Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Highway Revolusion

Japanese superhighways cost a lot.
Unlike the U.S., it costs a lot of money to drive on superhighways in Japan. For instance, if you drive from Tokyo to Nagoya, it would cost around $80 plus gas fee.
Because of this, we cannot travel far by car.

A new superhighway system will start in Japan; it discounts the expressway toll and it would start from 28th of this month. This only charges 1,000 yen per a ordinal car with ETC(Electronic Toll Collection) as long as you drive on a superhighway.
This is definitely a good news for me whose hometown and relatives are miles away.

Although it limits only weekends and official holidays, it makes a big difference.

This is one of additional economic policies that the government have been working on. However, it is not an easy process to make all toll stations to activate according to the policy within a month. No wonder today's news say the system will be carried out step by step, and be done by the start of "Golden Week".

Originally I was planning to visit my hometown with my daughter by Shinkansen (a supreme express) in the end of April, but because of this new system, my husband might join us.

I feel my relatives and families are getting closer.

This will really change our weekends and vacations!
Now I need a better and comfortable car...

1 comment: