Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Time to go to bed


My daughter is a night owl.

She does not look sleepy until 10 o'clock.

I know it is because of us;( We are also night owls.

Last weekend I made up my mind to put her sleep earlier.

I have been watching her, so I know her tendency toward sleep. She needs almost an hour to fall asleep. Therefore, I started to take her to the bed room around 9:30.
We come home at 6:00.
Dinner at 7, and take a bath with her around 8 and enjoy bath-time (important!), put ointments to her sensitive skin and put pajamas on. All has to finish by 9:20.
It is not easy for me, an working mother, however, I have tried to shift my schedule ahead of time and to keep regular hours.
Last few days, she could follow me and go to bed and fall asleep at least 10:30 p.m..
Yes, it is still not early or healthy for 2 year old, but it is on the process to reach our goal of 10.
Since she has sensitive skin and sometimes wakes up in the middle of sleep, this is good place to start:)
Let us keep on trying!




4 comments:

  1. You have to be strict. At that age, she has to know who's the boss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see.
    This period of age, kinds want to reject anything. I have to accept her, but be strick in rules that is so imprtant for them.
    I read one article saying a good regular lifestyle is the best gift for kinds:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does she have a day nap? Reducing the day nap time might be a trick. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, lifeinparkavenue
    She always takes 2 hours day nap at her nursery school...
    I will try to reduce it during weekends and holidays:) when she is at home. It should work.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete