Friday, February 27, 2009

Films

Japanese movie "Departures" won Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, and "La Maison en Petits Cubes" won the Best Animated Short Film award in the 81st Academy Awards celemony.

It is great that Japanese films are approved of in the world of film!!

I saw the director, Mr. Yojiro Takita, on TV interview and watched his film in the past. This was about media, and the main character was a TV reporter. It was only minutes that run on the screen, however, I somehow felt his perspective.

It was kind of serious and raising a question.
How the media should really be and what is the real world of media...
I studied about media and communication, so it is eye-catching for me.

There are difficult questions, but important.

Anyway, I definitely want to watch "Departure" and "La Maison en Petits Cubes".
Have you seen them?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen them. I like Japanese movies, there are a few good ones, between the high school romantic dramas...

    I want to see カフーを浴びながら

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am not well acquainted with Japanese films, but hear that they are getting better. I mean quality got better.
    I hoope the fee at movie theaters become cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete