Thursday, February 26, 2009

Is outfit so important?

" You should dress better!"
I was told by an elder when I was talking about my mother and sister.

Whenever I visit to my mother's house, she tells me " You should wear better."

My mother is a kind of person who care what to wear and makeups, and so is my elder sister, but not me.

I do not think I wear old-fashioned outfits, but I just do not care about what to wear.
I feel outfit is not that important compared with inside of the person.
Besides, I am a little busy to care enough about my outfits.
Maybe I put being busy as an excuse...

I want to know how to manage time and organize things for husband and a child to be better-dressed wife and mother;)

I will work on it, but if someone has an idea, please help me!

4 comments:

  1. You don't have to work on it. I don't really pay attention to what I wear except on special occasions. I don't even wear make up at work.

    Who cares what you wear? Don't fall in the trap of the Japanese society: the inside is more important than the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanmuri,
    Thanks a lot!!!!
    Yeah, you are right, and you encorage me to stay what I am:)
    I will care only the special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think outfit is not one of the most important things in life but it does reflect upon a person's character and attitude towards how that person feel.

    To be able to wear appropriately in different occasions shows that the person do care/respect others during the occasion, and I don't mean only for "special occasions".

    Having good inner qualities in a person is good and important but if you look deeper, dressing appropriately is in a way has some links to good inner character of a person. (ie: being considerate, respectful to others, etc).

    I am not saying you need to wear like a fashion statement in different occasions, all you need is just wear appropriately to fit in and that itself shows a form of respect to the people you are with.

    Unless the person is living alone in an island, else I would say how a person project or present himself/herself in front of others still matters.

    Just my opinion, I speak my mind, no offends.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vantana de TeePee,
    Thank you for your comment.
    There is some truth in what you say.
    We are not living alone, and cannot live without elationship with others.
    Of course, we need to respect each other.
    Grown up should consider Time, Place and Occasions:)

    ReplyDelete