Thursday, February 12, 2009

Morioka Cold Noodle


Do you eat cold noodle in winter?



Yes, I do!




Last Saturday, my husband took me to a Restaurant whose Cold Noodle is very famous.


This Cold Noodle is called "Reimen" (冷麺)in Japanese.
We sometimes go and eat at this restaurant and also enjoy grilled slices of meat.




Last week, the restaurant held "Noodle Festival". It is not an event outside, but they serve noodles and grilled meat dishes cheaper.



This cold noodle which is put in the soup is very “elastic”. This really makes people addicted. Some people are hesitated to eat for the first time, but once they slurp up one line of the noodle they can never forget its elasticity. Then they somehow come to eat Rei-men from time to time.

The soup is so delicious! It is little sweet and you can put KIMCHI to make it spicy. This matches this noodle amazingly.




It has boiled eggs and pear on top. They serve water melon instead of pear in summer.


Fruit in noodle!?


Yeah, believe me, this is exquisite!


3 comments:

  1. I like sashimi more than any other Japanese food, but I have not tried Cold Noodle(冷麺),I feel strange eating noodle cold. This dish is available in Singapore's Japanese restaurant but just did not have the "courage" to try. hahaha... really nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    This is good. It is better to eat in summer or at least warm weather. In Singamore? No problem at all.
    I hope the restaurant has really good one:) Warm Noodle(温麺)is good place to start, if it is on its menu:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had reimen last Saturday. We ate at jirocho in Takizawa. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete