Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chocolate and Valentine's Day



I love chocolates!





Talking about chocolate, I recall Valentine's Day in my school days.


In the West, people celebrate on February 14th and express love for each other by exchanging Valentine's cards and presenting flowers and gifts.






In Japan, this is one of special days when girls declare love and give a chocolate to boys they love. Many girls do it on the day for the first love confession.






Then the boys who received a chocolate returns a gift to the girl on a day called "White Day" which is on March 14th.





For me, I was not brave enough to do. I made chocolates to give every year though and ate by myself.


Of course they tasted bitter...

4 comments:

  1. I remember when I was in primary school (age 12) a Japanese classmate just transferred to my class not too long. She caught me secretly looking at her across the classroom and the next day she bought me a present. Does that mean expression of love? :P
    I guess we were all very young then... puppy love... :)

    I missed her... but its all gone with the wind now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Day on 14th of March....that's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Ventana de TeePee
    Yes, I guess she liked you.At leaset you were different from other guts.
    Very sweet memory...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lifeinparkavenue
    Romantic, itn't it?
    This is only in Japan.
    Do you have this kind of interesting day in your country?

    ReplyDelete